AIMTC calls off strike in India
Please be informed on this general advisory regarding the nationwide strike in India.
As of 6th October:
- Transporters’ 5-day-old strike has been called off after a lengthy meeting between Apex truckers body AIMTC and Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari yesterday evening with the government assuring to look into their demands.
As of 5th October:
- Transporters' nationwide strike entered its fifth day amid a continued deadlock between the agitating apex truckers body AIMTC and the government, affecting movement of goods in various parts of the country.
- Movement of goods (Intra Region and Inter Region) has been impacted in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, among other places.
- Local Truck movements with in the Delhi (NCR Region), Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata are not impacted much by the Strike.
- AIMTC Representatives will be meeting Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari to find a solution for the ongoing strike.
As of 1st October:
- All India Motor Transport Congress/Association (AIMTC - Top transporters body in India) has announced an indefinite nationwide strike effective 06:00hrs 1st October protesting against Toll barrier, TDS regime and Speed governors.
- Due to the strike, there are possibilities of disruptions in road transportation, and delay in placing vehicles for pick up & deliveries. Kindly inform your customers about the situation.
Relevant Contact for the news:
Naveen Nischal S.N.
Sr. General Manager - National Distribution
Phone : +91 22 4218 3866
Last modified: 06.10.2015