India Flood Situation: As of 17th November 2015
Please be advised on this general advisory regarding the heavy rain and flood situtation in India.
Please be informed regarding the situation in Chennai and coastal areas of the southern states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andaman, Nicobar Islands and Puducherry.
As of 17th November:
- Operations in Schenker Chennai office are back to normal today.
- Chennai is still flooded in many areas and water clogging is still persistent.
Both public bus and train transportation are slightly affected, with many trains to major cities like Chennai still cancelled.
Airport is working normal, operations not affected.
Seaport is working normal. The CCTL, CITPL & L&T ports are working normal.
Limited impact to approach roads due to water clogging.
All empty yards are located in the same approach roads, hence empty container pick ups getting delayed.
Receive and dispatch of cargo to & fro from airport is delayed.
Laden container moves delayed.
Import container movement from terminal to CFS is slowed down.
As of 16th November:
- Schenker's Chennai office causeway bridge is closed due to the flood.
- Schenker Chennai office will be operating with minimal staff.
- Schools and colleges are closed. Some offices declared emergency holidays.
- All major roads are flooded.
Public transportation is disrupted.
All major reservoirs in and around Chennai are full and overflowing.
The airport operations are affected but no cargo flights has been cancelled yet.
The seaport terminals are working slow due to the rain and low visibility.
CFS operations will be affected due to flooded roads.
Anticipate delays or stoppage of custom clearance process due to arrival of custom officers to Airport/ Seaport/ CFS/ Terminals.
For any urgent matters, kindly contact HoDs on their mobile phones.
Last modified: 17.11.2015