Integrated quality testing for photovoltaic modules
DB SCHENKERpvchain offers the seamless integration of optimized quality testing throughout the customer’s entire supply chain on a worldwide level. Our cooperation with the leading test lab, TUV Rheinland, enables us to effectively detect quality issues.
The integration of the quality review process into the supply chain allows us to respond to customer needs promptly and accordingly send alerts when quality deviations are detected.
The aim of the new, comprehensive monitoring and control system DBSCHENKERpvchain is to increase transparency of the solar module global supply chain. Starting from the outbound inspection at the manufacturer’s plant, modules are monitored and tested to identify the quality and condition of the modules up to the delivery at construction site/end customer.
The system comprises three key steps:
1. Outgoing inspection and certification at the manufacturer’s plant – Power Controlled
2. Testing and certification of the transport packaging – Qualified Shipping Unit
3. Sample pickings of modules are tested at the receiving warehouse – Qualified PV Module Logistics
Your benefits at a glance:
- Assurance of high quality and load adapted packaging leads to reduction of transportation damages
- Possible reduction of transport insurance through increasing visibility during supply chain
- Damage originator can easily be identified through combination of GPS tracking and G-Force indicator of DB SCHENKERsmartbox premium
- Knowledge of quality of modules supports long term profit of PV plant investment
Last modified: 22.07.2014