Your application documents
The key to the door for your career at DB Schenker
In your application you can tell us all about your skills and personality and thus move a step closer to getting the job of your dreams. Don’t forget to use our tips to fine-tune your application!
Take the chance to convince us that you are the right person for the job. Your application should make a personal statement about you, list your qualifications, interests and describe your personality.
The first question that applicants often ask is about the different application methods. There are three ways to apply to DB Schenker:
- Via our online portal or by E-Mail. If you opt to send your application via email a short introduction in the body of the E-Mail is required. You can attach all relevant documents to the E-Mail. Ideally the attachments should be Word or PDF files and should not exceed 5mb in total.
- If you prefer the more classic approach we are happy to receive your application by post.
- If there is no available post for your desired position but you have a clear idea of what you are looking for we would be happy to receive a speculative application from you. We are constantly on the lookout for motivated and talented people!
To help your application stand out more we have compiled a checklist of 4 questions for you:
- Is your application complete?
A completed application contains: Covering letter, your CV in tabular form (starting with your last job) and all certificates and references relevant to the position.
- Does your covering letter stand out?
Your covering letter should not be longer than one page and should give us an introduction to your person, your career path to date and should explain your motivation behind the application. This is your chance to give your application a personal touch, to get our attention and to convince us that you are the right person for the job. Do you want to justify the motivation for your application in more detail than the covering letter allows for? In this case you can use the so-called “third page” method. This is a letter of motivation in which you list your original motives for wishing to apply for a specific job. You can attach your letter of motivation to your CV.
- Have you checked your spelling and layout?
Please pay attention with regards to formulation, grammatical structure and the spelling in your application. Ensure that your documents have a clear structure and check that your formats show consistency. Ensure that you have followed basic formatting rules such as use of paragraphs, fonts and font size.
- Have you focused on relevant information only?
Be selective about what you write in your CV and make sure that copies of your references and qualifications you have included in your application are relevant to the job.
If you can answer all these questions with a resounding „yes!“ then your application is ready to be sent! We look forward to hearing from you and to meeting you in person!
Last modified: 17.12.2014