From Supplier to Manufacturer
Procurement & Manufacturing Logistics
Optimizing the flow of shipments.
Optimize the flow of shipments from remote suppliers while gaining control and visibility, from supplier purchase order to sequenced line side deliveries with our Procurement & Manufacturing logistics solutions. DB Schenker is the right partner for you!
Your benefits at a glance
- Cut your logistics costs by avoiding rush shipments and reduction of minimum inventory levels, as well as wastage
- Control and transparency from ordering to sequenced flow of inbound goods
- Faster flow of goods from your suppliers
- Consolidation of materials close to your suppliers and coordination of international transport, therefore minimizing your transportation costs, improving quality management and smoothing out you inventory flow
- Real-time inventory level information as a prerequisite for you and your suppliers to make intelligent reordering decisions
- Our Value added Quality Control/Assurance services allow you to avoid distribution cost in your supply chain by eliminating or reducing the risk of shipping unsuitable stock
- Supervision of your outsourced production and acceleration of the flow of goods via production supply programs using JIT deliveries and solid know-how in the assembly area
DB Schenker’s Procurement Logistics forms the link between your suppliers’ operations and your company’s production sites. We receive and consolidate supplier materials close to your supply points, coordinate and execute international transportation by our own – or your preferred - transportation network. DB Schenker minimizes your logistics costs by reducing safety stock, cycle times and inventory levels. Long supply chains feel like locally sourced products.
DB Schenker’s Manufacturing Logistics covers all activities connected to the supply of manufacturing operations. Our expertise in kitting, subassembly and JIT delivery enables our production logistics programs to maintain control in your outsourced production operations and increase inventory velocity. As a partner we help to keep your supply chain lean, providing just the right quantity of inbound materials reliably and on time. DB Schenker was one of the first 3PLs to develop VMI and supplier park solutions for the Electronics and Automotive industries.
We apply the latest techniques and systems to provide services ranging from material consolidation at origin, order management, inbound transportation, line-side feeding, order sequencing, quality assurance, kitting and pre-production preparation or un-packaging/packaging services in addition to a range of tailored solutions to support your production.
Last modified: 13.08.2014